Friday, August 22, 2008

travel=strange thoughts

so i finished my internship
it was amazing!
i dont think that i could ask for a better summer
but there is a weird thing that i had to go through again....
for some reason you hear people talk about how much you learn in college, and all the information you will need will come much when you are in college.
well let me tell you something, for some reason, i almost disagree
i think that you learn a lot, very much while you are in school
real ministry, is completely different than what you will learn in school. real ministry can only be learned when you are doing real ministry. its weird to think that how much knowledge that is being punched into our heads but it seems like i have learned this summer and last summer from doing ministry.
i have learned how to deal with situations that i dont want to be in, i have learned how much i love to preach, i have learned to connect with students that i could never think about connecting with, i have learned how to plan a huge outreach event, i was put in charge of a high school trip that i was not planned on being charge of, i had to comfort people for some interesting things, i have held more high schoolers why they cry for odd reasons,
it was an amazing summer of learning and of fun and crying
ill admit i cried like a little baby the night before i left
but there is some other interesting feelings, i have had them before but it is just different this time
for all that i want to be back at school, and how much i love being with my friends, and being back in the midwest to learn more
but for some reason the only thing that i can really think about, other than being sore out of my mind and my feat feeling like they want to explode, is going back to royersford PA, and be with that group of students thati fell in love with all over again this summer,
all i can think about is evan getting ready to make a decision to go to college,
i think about the girls and playing their sports and rocking it out at soccer
i think about little lauren going to florida sometime
i think about the rizzutos and how that big fat one made me actually cry and i love him very much for it
i think about darin and how much i miss him and how much i love him, i love you bro
everything in me is wanting to go back and see and be with everyone
but i know that God has brought me back here for a reason and i think it is to learn, and to gain as much knowledge as i can to go back to somewhere and bring the knowledge i learn to the students wherever i go.
i love everyone at CCV and i cant wait to hopefully return to royersford soon and for a long time
peace out

5 comments:

Evan Flora said...

Love you buddy, This summer has been absolutely incredible and it wouldn't of been the same without you! Glad you could make it out here for 3 months. Your going to do some incredible things in life and your going to change a lot of lives.

Thanks dude,
Evan

Frank Chiapperino said...

It was a pleasure serving with you bud, and I'm glad I got the opportunity to know you better. Finish well and press on.

Anonymous said...

We miss you so much everyday! I loved hanging out with you this summer, but I truly missed getting to work with you.

Darin said...

My Man. One major thing that I learned this summer was that, GOD places certain people (Adam, Evan, yourself, my aunt and uncle Mikey G, MJ, April, Ben, CCV, I could go on all night) in a person's life (Mine)that will help them in the process of life and journey towards Christ. I know for a fact that GOD had all the intentions of myself coming to CCV and meeting all of you guys. I havent been perfect down here.. Drank a few times... then I sit back the next day and just asked myself WHY?? But it's going to be a longg time till I do that again. But other than that things are going well. Miss you guys. Imma give ya a call one day this week and see how things are going. Tell the NYC crew I said hello and I'm thinking about them.

Be easy brotha..

Darin

Melissa: said...

Brendon Foulke! Love the post! We miss both of you so much over here on the east-coast. You have such a heart of gold! Keep on blessing your friends out there like you've blessed us! Hope to see you REAL SOON bud! Love you both!