Friday, August 1, 2008

second oppurtunuties

so here i am 9 weeks into an internship i never thought that i would have come last may
let me tell you something
it has been one of the greatest experiences of my life
i work with one of the most talented, and knowledgeable staffs i can think of in all the country
i have learned so much from my coach this summer that i dont think i would ever imagine of learning
i have worked with 4(thats for you alex) incredible interns that have been a blast to work with
i have developed a best friend relationship that i did not think i was going to develop
i have loved working with the students, and all the conversations and the questions, and even though some times were rough and some times were great, and some were right in the middle, all of it was worth it and i have enjoyed every minute of it.
i have grown to love the people here more and more every day by how they continue to welcome and love not only myself but my girlfriend also.
the people here are amazing and i would love to come back and continue doing life with them for a long time.
thank you so much for everyone here
for the oppurtunity, the love, the laughs, the community, the learning, the encouraging, the teaching, and just the experience
thank you so much

with love

2 comments:

Diane Karchner said...

My friend - it's been an inspiration to me, personally, to watch you this summer, as you struggled with fatigue and focus, and as you gave of yourself. I witnessed a young man who went to depths that he didn't know he had. And I am, personally, in awe.

I hope you do come back and join us here at the crazy church. Your enthusiasm and love for God and for people is the most contagious infection that has hit our campus in a long time.

Love you, boy!!
Diane K.

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

we love you too, and will miss you

make sure you come back and visit