Saturday, July 12, 2008

something that has been on my mind.......

you know there are just some things that stay on my mind all the time.......
the red sox
my family
school
job
all that typical stuff that usually someone is thinking about....
maybe not
but there is something that has been on my mind that has been there for a whle
a big event in my life
there comes a time in a everyone 's life where you have to take a step forward with your life and like it says in the Bible: "a man and a woman will become one flesh". now im not talking about having sex, but there is something else that comes before that. engagement.
its a weird thing to think about not only because you are making one of the largest commitments in your life, but you are thinking about spending the rest of your life with one other person. Its a scary thing to think about, but its something that i want to do. i have this girl in my life, she is pretty cool(sarcastic), shes gorgeous, smart, fun, easy to talk to, good listener, loves God, and even though we have our struggles, she captivates me. i will sometimes have it in my mind, you know that one thing about someone that makes you know that you want to marry him or her. i have almost all the time. but i think that i have finally figured out what it is, and i dont know if it something that i have gotten used to since we go to the same school, or have been spending the last two summers together. but i think that one thing, is that she is the person that always will run to me, whether she is pissed at me, at someone else, or just at life, she runs to me and it gives me that sense of love that i need a lot of the time from her, to let me know that she needs me. and likewise, i do that with her also.
so im pretty sure i have it, but here is the deal, now i just have to get over the hump, and get to the first big part of the relationship.
engagement.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i could have sworn you guys were already married...haha

Barbara said...

Wow - you made my eyes leak - you know what true love is - take the plunge! Love you guys